Mental Health Assistant, FT NIGHTS - #19647964
Up to $5,000 sign-on bonus for full time night hires
We have an immediate opportunity for Mental Health Assistants on night shift (7:00pm - 7:30am).
General Summary: The Mental Health Assistant (MHA) assists the Behavioral Health Nursing Department in the care of patients. The MHA ensures that LifeCare Hospital’s philosophy, standards, policies and procedures are met and maintained in a professional manner. The MHA is active in department activities, transdisciplinary team activities, and LifeCare activities to ensure individualized, patient-centered health care for all for all Behavioral Health patients admitted to LifeCare Hospital.
- Demonstrates proper performance of skills reflected and validated by the MHA competency checklist.
- Assists the RN, LPN/LVN and other members of the clinical team in the care of the Behavioral Health patient.
- Properly plans/organizes work for assigned shift to properly utilize time, resources, manpower, supplies to ensure patient receives appropriate quality care.
- Accurately completes and documents assignments.
- Ensures patient safety at all times through completion of patient rounds, notifying the charge nurse of any risk factors seen, and initiating and maintaining appropriate safety measures as outlined in LifeCare’s policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates knowledge of use of all patient care equipment.
- Exchanges routine information in an appropriate manner requiring good oral and written communication skills.
- Adheres to LifeCare policies, procedures, all safety plans, and all standards imposed by regulatory organizations.
Experience: Six to twelve months of experience in an acute clinical setting or behavioral health is preferred
Education: High school diploma or equivalent is required.