3M HIS EIT Project Manager - #19939920
EIT Project Manager
Collaborate with Innovative 3Mers Around the World
Choosing where to start and grow your career has a major impact on your professional and personal life, so it's equally important you know that the company that you choose to work at, and its leaders, will support and guide you. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies and products, 3M is a place where you can collaborate with 93,000 other curious, creative 3Mers.
"At 3M, every day we see and feel the tremendous impact of inclusion, advocacy and the embracing of differences. These values are helping 3Mers innovate, create and grow in their career, and something you will experience firsthand as you bring your one-of-a-kind self and skills to 3M." – Ann Anaya, chief diversity officer at 3M
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
The Impact You'll Make in this Role
As an EIT Project Manager, you will have the opportunity to tap into your curiosity and collaborate with some of the most innovative and diverse people around the world. Here, you will make an impact by:
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors (as needed) for the flawless execution of projects
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Develop detailed project plans, monitor, track and report progress
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Successfully manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation • Communicate internal and external messages, enacting one central point of contact.
- Client consulting by coordinating Technical, Operational, and training assistance to optimize system utilization and efficiency.
- Client/Executive relationship through liaisons with Sales and client's management team
Your Skills and Expertise
To set you up for success in this role from day one, 3M is looking for candidates who must have the basic qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited university
- High School Diploma/GED from an accredited institution and eight (8) years of equivalent experience in Health Information Project Management
- Five (5) years of experience in Health Information and/or IT arena
- PMI Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Excellent educational background, preferably in the fields of computer science or engineering
- Proven working experience in project management in the healthcare / information technology sector
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent client facing and internal communication skills using written and spoken English
- Attention to detail and outstanding follow through
- Experience using collaboration tools to manage and communicate with remote teams
- Excellent verbal, written, analytical problem solving and organizational skills
Travel Requirements: May require up to 40% travel
Relocation: May be authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in the country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Supporting Your Well-being
3M offers many programs to help you live your best life – both physically and financially. To ensure competitive pay and benefits, 3M regularly benchmarks with other companies that are comparable in size and scope.
Resources for You
For more details on what happens before, during and after the interview process, check out the Insights for Candidates page at 3M.com/careers.
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M.
Responsibilities of this position include that corporate policies, procedures and security standards are complied with while performing assigned duties.
Our approach to flexibility is called Work Your Way, which puts employees first and drives well-being in ways that enable 3M's business and performance goals. You have flexibility in where and when work gets done. It all depends on where and when you can do your best work.
Pay & Benefits Overview: https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/careers-us/working-at-3m/benefits/
3M is an equal opportunity employer. 3M will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
Please note: your application may not be considered if you do not provide your education and work history, either by: 1) uploading a resume, or 2) entering the information into the application fields directly.
Please access the linked document by clicking here, select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.