Facility Police Corporal- Part Time - #19940388
State of Georgia
The Georgia Vocational Rehabilitation Agency operates five integrated and interdependent statutory programs that share a primary goal - to help people with disabilities to become fully productive members of society by achieving independence and meaningful employment.
Roosevelt Warm Springs (RWS)/Cave Springs is a residential vocational training center located on a sprawling historic campus in Meriwether County. RWS students earn certifications in competitive, high demand fields like Computer Numeric Control (CNC), graphic design, forklift operation, horticulture and more.
Under the general supervision of a Police Sargent, the Police Corporal performs a wide variety of patrol duties at the Roosevelt Warm Springs Campus involving the prevention of crime, the protection of life and property, and the enforcement of laws and ordinances; makes investigations, assists in the preparation of cases and testifies in court as required; serves in specialized departmental roles as assigned; provides information and assistance to the public; performs related work as assigned
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Patrols the RWS campus within an assigned area in a radio dispatched automobile to secure life and property, observe situations, rep01i suspicious or criminal activity, hazardous conditions, and deter crime by providing high visibility.
- Responds to emergency calls for service, disturbances, thefts, burglaries, vehicle accidents, domestic disputes, suspicious activities, and other incidents to protect public safety and property, resolve problems, diffuse situations and enforce laws and ordinances.
- Provides information, directions, and assistance to the public in a variety of situations; takes reports and assists with complaints or unusual situations.
- Responds to fires, natural disasters, or other hazardous events.
- Observes, monitors and controls routine and unusual traffic situations; provides direction and traffic control in accident or incident situations, special events or other congested situations.
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with the community.
- Makes arrests as necessary; takes individuals into custody and May transpo1i them for medical clearance and/or booking at a longer-term facility, as required.
- Secures crime scenes and evidence; interviews suspects, victims and witnesses; collects and preserves evidence; performs complete investigations and/or cooperates with other law enforcement agencies providing investigative and case development support.
- Provides mutual aide to other local law enforcement agencies as dispatched and in accordance with departmental policy.
- Prepares reports; prepares and maintains logs, records and accurate files.
- Conduct fire drills and fire extinguisher inspections as assigned
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
High school diploma or GED AND One year of experience as a law enforcement officer and P.O.S.T. certification as a Police Officer in the State of Georgia, and in good standing with P. 0. S. T.
Preference will be given to applicants who, in addition to meeting the minimum qualification, possess one or more of the following:
- One year experience I law enforcement as a certified Georgia Police Officer
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Offices products to include Word, Excel, Outlook, and/or Access
- Some college coursework in Criminal Justice
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a part-time position
Travel is expected 5% of the time.
Incumbents working in this job may perform duties in an indoor and outdoor setting. The position may involve working in different weather conditions, such as extreme heat or cold and/or wet, humid, or dry settings. This is a physically demanding job that will require frequent movement. Regular attendance is an important part of being successful in this position. Reasonable accommodations can be made available to qualified individuals upon request
GVRA provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Georgia Vocational Rehabilitation Agency is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request. To request a reasonable accommodation during any step in the hiring process, please contact our HR Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.