Quality Assurance Specialist - #19941007
Allied Electronics & Automation
About Allied Electronics & Automation
Allied Electronics & Automation is a high service level, authorized distributor of industrial automation, interconnect, cabling, and electromechanical products. We are part of the $1.7 billion global distributor, Electrocomponents, serving as Allied Electronics & Automation in the Americas and RS Components around the rest of the world.
Our global footprint and world-class logistics allow us to give customers the products they need, when they need them.
We pride ourselves on the great working environment that we’ve created at Allied, where our employees can make a difference in the lives our customers, we can move fast, experiment when needed, can operate with autonomy and where everyone is focused on doing the right thing for the customer.
The Quality Assurance Specialist (QA Specialist) fulfills an important role on the quality team by leading and supporting customer-focused activities and responsibilities highlighted below. This position works closely with the entire quality team, as well as interacts with continuous improvement team members when deemed appropriate.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities may include:
- Update and maintain Allied’s Approved Supplier List
- Update and maintain Allied’s Calibration System
- Update and maintain Allied’s Document Control System
- Update and maintain Allied’s Records System
- Administer quality-related customer and supplier surveys
- Record and response to RoHS, REACH, Conflict Mineral inquiries
- Preform internal ISO/AS9120 Quality System Audits and process audits.
- Perform bin checks
- Perform additional tasks as requested
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor of Science (or Arts) degree desired and/or working toward degree completion.
- Previous experience in wholesale distribution desired
- Background in quality management systems (e.g., AS or ISO) a plus
- Understanding and supporting quality initiatives and effective communications to stakeholders preferred
- Successful candidate will need to rely on previous experience and/or knowledge and judgment to plan and accomplish goals; a certain degree of creativity and latitude is required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools (e.g., Work, Excel, Access, Visio, PowerPoint) is essential
Equal Employment Opportunity
Allied is an equal opportunity employer and maintains policies and practices that are designed to prevent and prohibit unlawful discrimination against any qualified employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, military/veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or any other unlawful classification to the extent protected by law. This policy of nondiscrimination applies to all employment practices, including hiring, compensation, benefits, promotion, training and termination. Employees who engage in unlawful discrimination will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination.
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: Multiple Locations
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.